I DO THE DIGGING SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO....

Friday, June 15, 2012

May I just mention....

that I think Coldplay is severely overrated. They're a good band and all, but are way overly touted. By the same token, The Vines are so underrated. Craig Nicholls is so talented, way more nuanced and experimental and capable of a greater breadth of sound (I like Coldplay, but all their music sounds the same to me) and yet not touted to the extent that his talent deserves. I have my ideas as to why this is so, but regardless of my thoughts, it just seems a great injustice to me. In the end, however, the proof is in the pudding. I think that people will come around and realize what a great band they are(were) and hopefully it won't be too late. Politics really suck but sadly, are a part of our every day existence.

No comments: